There are many bike shops of varying quality spread throughout the region. Here we've focused on shops that sell bikes and carry the premium brands, components and equipment. More often than not, they'll also have a race team and are the best places to visit to get your bike looked serviced or repaired. There are lots of shops and cafes that specialise in bike hire, including #CafeCiclista & #Velosolcyclingbar and we'll cover those in a future article.
1) Radical Bike, Ontinyent Owned by and run by racers for racers. They have their own MTB and Road race team and compete in races across the region. They carry premium brand road and MTB bikes from Scott, Orbea, KTM and BH. The shop is a Scott Reference Center and as such, the service is excellent and many riders including local Pro's and riders from the large local clubs like Eurobikers use it regularly. They''ll confidently do everything from gluing tubs, wheel builds and straightening a mech hanger to simple fixes to get you going.
We use them as our first port of call. The shop is worth a visit for the exterior artwork, the classic TVT Carbone bike in the window and the ice cream shop a couple of doors down. Grab a gelato and cross over the road to enjoy stunning views of the old town, bridges, gorge and the three mountain ranges to the south.
2) Bicicletas Sanchis. Shops in Xativa and Valencia The Xativa store is quite possibly the biggest and best bike shop store in the whole of the Valencia and Alicante region. They're also the distributor for several brands. They carry a large range of Trek, Cannondale, Giant, Pinarello, Ridley and Orbea bikes that includes everything from full-on DH rigs, road racing, gravel, hybrid, e-bikes bikes and triathlon equipment.
They have a full supported kids road race team.
3) Scott Concept Store, Alcoy
Another fantastic store based in the cycling heartland of Alcoy. Used by local pro riders and race teams, club riders, mountain bikers and tourists. A fantastic selection and great service.
4) Onbike. Shops in Ontinyent, Alcoy, Ibi and Petrer
Another fantastic shop that has grown out of Alcoy and Ontinyent and expanding to Ibi and Peter covering all of the premier cycling areas and mountains across Alicante and southern Valencia. They carry the top Spanish brands as well as Specialized and Giant, covering road and MTB, traithlon and TT.
5) Mr Biker, Xativa A boutique bike shop based in Xativa that also runs a race team that sports possibly the finest pink themed jerseys you'll find outside of the Giro D'Italia. They also have a range of Miss Biker kit too for the women road, cross and MTB teams.
6) Dr Bike. Beniganim, Alicante and Albacete.
A small boutique bike bike shop with three branches thats sells a high quality equipment including bikes from Bianchi.
7) Decathlon. Xativa, Cocentaina, Gandia, Finestrat.
The Xativa branch is an excellent option, which is easily reached on the bike and is well stocked with a range of accessories, energy products and bikes. If we're doing a beach ride, Gandia is also convenient and possibly the best stocked branch of those in the region.
8) Xabia's bke. Jalon, Moraira and Xabia
A shop with three branches that carries a good range of equipment, including Specialized bikes out of Xabia. We tend not to use Xabia, as it's located in a headland on the coast, further away from the mountains with too many tourists, but it is handy if you're staying nearby. The branch is Jalon is more popular and better located.
9) Extrem Cicles, Denia Is a great shop in Denia that carries a good range of brands, including Trek as well exclusive brands such Olympia and Kuota.
10) Ciclos Tony, Calpe We tend not to use Calpe too often, due to the logistics of getting in and out, but this shops sells a good range of Orbea and Scott equipment and is convenient if staying in Calpe or you can't get to one of the Reference Centers elsewhere.
11) Ontibike, Ontinyent
Another small boutique Ontinyent bike shop selling Merida, Giant road and MTB bikes as well as a range of their own branded clothing made by Gobik.